Fast becoming a top travel destination for Canadians is Louisiana. One great way to experience it is by boat. The Queen of the Mississippi is a Victorian-style paddle wheel riverboat cruise equipped with staterooms with private balconies, room service and WiFi.
In April, the American Eagle will set out on its maiden voyage offering modern amenities with the classic elegance of the late 1800s for eight-day itineraries from New Orleans to Memphis.
While in New Orleans experience the dining scene and visit Emeril’s New Orleans, the original flagship of Chef Emeril Lagasse, is celebrating 25 years in the Crescent City in 2015. The restaurant will host a variety of events to commemorate the anniversary, including special “Throwback Menus” and a trio of dinners. The oldest continuously operating restaurant in America and birthplace of Oysters Rockefeller is Antoine’s Restaurant. Celebrating 175 years of French Creole culinary traditions, Antoine’s will be hosting special events, present new menus and bring its celebrations beyond the French Quarter.
On the music scene, debuting right now is Irvin Mayfield and the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra’s New Orleans Jazz Market! This new facility, located in the former Gators Department Store, will serve as a performance space and feature music education experiences, a New Orleans Jazz archive and tributes to current and past Jazz Masters.
UPCOMING EVENTS AND FESTIVALS
- Wednesdays at the Square | Every Wednesday March 11-May 27
- The BUKU Music + Art Project |March 13-14
- Congo Square/New World Rhythms Festival |March 21-22
- Spring Fiesta | March 21-22 and 28-29
- Tennessee Williams New Orleans Literary Festival | March 25-29
- NOLA FoodFest | March 27
- Louisiana Oyster Jubilee | March
- French Quarter Festival | April 9-12
- IndyCar Grand Prix| April 10-12
- Jazz in the Park | Every Thursday April 16-June 11 (with the exception of June 4)
- NOLA Navy Week | April 23-29
- New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival | April 24 – May 3
- Zoo to Do for Kids | May 1
- Mid-City Bayou Boogaloo | May 15-17
- New Orleans Wine and Food Experience | May 20-23
- Greek Festival |May 22-24