In addition to celebrating the best Ontario wines, the 26th Annual Cuvée Grand Tasting Gala, taking place on Friday, February 28th at the Fallsview Casino Resort, will feature culinary masterpieces at live cooking stations for wine and food enthusiasts to enjoy.
The stellar list of talented chefs and establishments participating in 2014 includes:
- Chef Ray Taylor, Fallsview Casino Resort
- Chef Erik Peacock, Wellington Court Restaurant
- Chef Frank Dodd, Trius Winery Restaurant at Hillebrand
- Chef Tim Mackiddie, Inniskillin Niagara Estate
- Chef David Watt and Anthony Greco, Garrison House and Zest Restaurant
- Chef Rich Francis, District Red and contestant on Top Chef Canada
- Chef Giovanni Del Priore and Chef Leonardo Priore, Criveller Cakes
- Chef Professors, Benchmark Chefs, Culinary Students and Members of the Canadian Junior Culinary Olympic Team, Canadian Food & Wine Institute at Niagara College
- Dairy Farmers of Canada
- Italian Ice Cream
Chefs present their creations alongside more than 50 VQA wines specially selected for the Grand Tasting Gala by Ontario winemakers representing wineries from Niagara, Prince Edward County and Lake Erie North Shore.
From sweet grass and cider braised boar shoulder with Niagara bruschetta squash chips to southern fried Canadian “cold water” shrimp, the evening’s culinary options will delight every palette. Guests will also enjoy a selection of artisan cheeses from The Dairy Farmers of Canada and an assortment of gelato from Italian Ice Cream.
The Grand Tasting Gala is only one part of the weekend’s festivities, which also include the Cuvée en Route passport touring and tasting program.
For more event and ticket info, and overnight accommodation packages for Cuvée Weekend go to www.cuvee.ca or call 905-684-8688.