What’s happening in Toronto’s world of chocolate during Valentine’s Week?
MoRoCo’s Seven Days of Valentine
Check our Foodie Events page for all the chocolate inspired events at MoRoCo sweetly spread over the week. Each day from Tuesday February 8th until Monday February 14th will feature a unique event, such as a Couples Chocolate Tasting Night, a Sweets and Singles Mixer Evening (featuring samplings of Macallan and Highland Park Single Malt Scotch Whiskies) a Shoes & Chocolate Night (where attendees will receive a $50 off coupon courtesy of Davids Shoes), and…A Hint of Glitter. Enter this two-part drawing contest:
Upon purchasing a 24 piece truffle box, complete an entry form. Five contestants will be selected and must be present at 6pm February 12th to select one of five special chocolate bars. Inside one of those bars will be the winning ticket for a Mark Lash, Heart shaped diamond necklace! (valued at $5100 Cdn)
Swiss Master Chocolatier
The Swiss Masters have converted their entire shop into a treasure of Valentine’s confections with the most adorable packaging to suit every sweet heart.
Endless gift ideas include: large and small solid milk chocolate hearts, solid lollies, chocolate roses, petite four hearts, and figurines of porcupines or teddy bears on chocolate heart disks. As well as:
* Thick velvet heart shaped boxes of truffles (26 pieces/ $54.99)
* Rhinestone decorated heart shaped boxes (22 pieces/ $48.99) and (9 pieces/ $21.99)
* Chocolate heart shaped boxes, hollowed, halved, and filled with three truffles: dome of almond butter cream; swiss kiss of praline; and a white chocolate heart with nut truffle filling. ($7.99)
* Double layered chocolate heart shaped shells with 11 truffles inside, done up with a pretty bow ($25.99)
* Each box is beautifully presented in tissue and gift bag.
Watch for Swiss Master’s selections of cocoa confections for the upcoming Oscars…
M Thompson Chocolates
After seducing Stratford’s chocolate lovers for generations, the Thompson family has opened up a new and different shop to become Toronto’s “new kid on the block”.
The pink satin box is called Pink Romance— a 470 g box with a choice of Mint Smoothies, Chocolate Smoothies, or the new Peanut Butter Smoothies. The cost is $35.00. The other two boxes are called True Romance, and they come in 225 g or 375 g boxes of Mint Smoothies or Chocolate Smoothies. The cost is $10.75 for 225 g, and $17.10 for the 375 g. Smoothie and dreamy! You can only hope your Valentine shares some with you…